It’s no secret I have been a LOYAL member of the Aeroplan program, accumulating Aeroplan Miles as I have spent dollars, for almost 20 YEARS! It’s no secret that I was honored to become a Brand Ambassador for Aeroplan in 2013 after having traveled to New York, Florida, Nassau, New Orleans, rented cars, stayed in hotels, bought electronics and MUCH MORE, all because of Aeroplan.
As a reminder, I’d love to show you how the Aeroplan program works. It’s simple: sign up for an Aeroplan number, accumulate miles, and redeem them for practically anything you’d want! Beside redeeming miles for Flights around the world, Car rentals and Hotel stays, Aeroplan also has 12 categories where you can also redeem:Activities & Entertainment, Fashion & Accessories, Eco-Friendly, Electronics, Gift Cards & Ideas, Health & Wellness, Home & Garden, Luggage & Totes, Media & More, Sports & Outdoors, Travel & Getaways and Money Can’t Buy. Please click here to see where you can start accumulating miles!! We’re talking accumulating miles at Esso, Birks, FTD, Sobeys, Home Hardware, Avis, Costco, and MANY MORE! We’re also talking about redeeming miles for things like Weber BBQ’s, Burberry Bags, Disney World passes and more! You can also earn Aeroplan Miles today simply by paying with a CIBC, American Express and now a TD Bank credit credit!
It’s with great excitement that I announce Aeroplan‘s new tiered recognition program ‘Distinction’ that rewards its top accumulating members based on total Aeroplan Miles earned across all coalition partners including airline, travel, retail and financial card partners.
As announced back in June 2013, in addition to other significant enhancements to the program including new Market Fare Flight Rewards, Distinction brings the Aeroplan program to a whole new level providing members with an unrivalled loyalty experience that includes:
- Exclusive flight reward benefits with significantly better value on new Market Fare Flight Rewards;
- Distinction Flights to popular destinations during peak periods with 100% of the seats reserved for Distinction members and offered at ClassicFlight reward mileage levels and including a dedicated check-in, complimentary bar and snack service on board and two free bags in Economy class;
- Bonus mile offers through Aeroplan’s eStore; with Air Canada; on hotel stays with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts; and on redemptions at Starwood Hotels & Resorts;
- Call priority for dDiamond members at Aeroplan’s Contact Centre and Preferential treatment at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts;
- Exclusive partner offers and unique redemption opportunities.
Visit www.aeroplan.com/distinction for full listing of benefits and eligibility.
Distinction includes three status levels based on a member’s total eligible mileage accumulation:
- dSilver – 25,000 eligible miles accumulated during the calendar year;
- dBlack – 50,000 eligible miles accumulated during the calendar year;
- dDiamond – 100,000 eligible miles accumulated during the calendar year.
Distinction status is designed to complement Air Canada’s outstanding and leading Altitude program through which loyal fliers are recognized and rewarded with tier status. Altitude rewards Air Canada’s most frequent flyers based on the number of Altitude Qualifying Miles and Altitude Qualifying Segments earned on eligible flights operated by Air Canada and the Star Alliance member airlines.
The Distinction qualification period begins on January 1st of each calendar year and ends on December 31st of the same year. Since the beginning of the year, benefits start as soon as a member successfully reaches a Distinction level, and they last until the end of the following calendar year.
Distinction Benefits include:
|Reduced mileage levels on Market Fare Flight Rewards||Up to 20%||Up to 25%||Up to 35%|
|Bonus mile offers:|
|Air Canada Getaway Bonus||500 Distinction bonus miles per eligible roundtrip||1,000 Distinction bonus miles per eligible roundtrip||1,500 Distinction bonus miles per eligible roundtrip|
|Bonuses on hotel stay accumulation at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts||250 Distinction bonus miles per stay||250 Distinction bonus miles per stay|
|Bonuses on Starwood Hotels & Resorts redemption||500 miles/redemption||750 miles/redemption||750 miles/redemption|
|Bonuses with Aeroplan eStore||2X||2X||3X|
|Contact Centre Priority||X|
|Preferential treatment atFairmont Hotels & Resorts||– Room upgrade at check-in- Daily breakfast||Room upgrade at check-in- Daily breakfast- $25 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Credit||-Room upgrade at check-in-Daily breakfast-$25 Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Credit-Welcome amenity|
For more information on Distinction and its privileges, please visit: www.aeroplan.com/distinction.