Love To Pamper Yourself? Then You Should Have An @Aeroplan Card!
If you recall, I have been a LOYAL member of the Aeroplan program, accumulating Aeroplan Miles as I have spent dollars, for almost 20 YEARS! Yes, I have traveled to New York, Florida, New Orleans, rented cars, gone to spas, stayed in hotels, and MUCH MORE, all because of Aeroplan that has let me earn miles for dollars spent. So it was thrilling to announce earlier this year that I was a Brand Ambassador for Aeroplan!
With summer still here and believe it or not, the Christmas holiday season just a few short months away, now is the time to map out your last minute summer, or early fall and winter vacation travels and plan the best ways to earn the most miles from your everyday purchases. Aeroplan, Canada’s premier loyalty program has put together a list of the top 9 tips designed to give Aeroplan members more ways to earn thousands of miles faster this summer to get that dream reward.
Are you ready? Here’s how to earn miles quicker so you can redeem those miles for everything discussed in this video!
1. Show the Aeroplan Card when you travel or when you shop at any Aeroplan partner – Make sure to give your Aeroplan number when you rent a car or book your stay with participating hotel partners including top brands such as: Avis, Best Western, Delta Hotels and Resorts, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Hertz, Hilton, Starwood and more, or when you shop with any retail partner. Visit www.aeroplan.com/partners for more details.
2. Register for bonuses at aeroplan.com – A great way to earn miles faster is to keep your eyes open for special partner promotions to earn thousands of extra bonus miles. Visit www.aeroplan.com/summer to get started.
3. Use Destination Miles to book your vacation – Aeroplan recently introduced a service exclusive to Aeroplan Members operated by its affiliate Destination Miles Booking Service Inc., that allows members to use cash to book hotel stays, car rentals and vacation packages online or through the Destination Miles Travel Desk. Members can earn 1 miles for every $1 spent. Visit: www.aeroplan.com/destinationmiles to make your booking.
4. Ensure you’re earning with your everyday purchases – Make sure your carry your Aeroplan card to earn miles on your everyday purchases such as grocery, gasoline and drug stores.
- Members can earn up to 3 miles per $3 spent on gas, car washes and convenience store items at approximately 1,800 Esso-branded stations from coast to coast. (You get more miles the higher grade fuel that you use!)
- Earn 1 mile for every $2 spent at Sobeys stores in Western Canada and Ontario when you auto-convert your Club Sobeys points to Aeroplan Miles. Members can also earn miles at more than 20 Thrifty Foods stores in British Columbia by joining Club Thrifty Foods and auto-converting their Club Thrifty Foods points into Aeroplan Miles.
- Members can earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on purchases at Rexall and Rexall Pharma Plus locations in Western Canada, Thunder Bay, Ontario and the Northwest Territories. Members can also earn 1 Aeroplan mile for every $1 spent at participating Uniprix locations across Quebec.
5. Take advantage of welcome bonuses when you apply for an Aeroplan affiliated credit card – Be sure to check Aeroplan.com for any welcome bonuses or offers on Aeroplan’s financial card partners. (Very exciting news this week – Aeroplan announced TD as its credit card partner effective from January 1, 2014 but they say there are ongoing discussions with TD and CIBC in which CIBC would retain cards held by their existing customers – check here for more news on this: www.aeroplan.com/new)
6. To fill your suitcase, shop at Aeroplan’s eStore – The Aeroplan eStore features over 100 retailers such as Apple Store Canada, Indigo.ca, Dell.ca, and Sears.ca from 10 different product categories including accessories, apparel, gift cards and more. Members can shop online and earn at least 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 that they spend and double that if they pay with one of the Aeroplan affiliated financial cards. Visit: www.aeroplan.com/eStore for more details.
7. Spice up your backyard for summer and fall – Shop at Aeroplan partner Home Hardware for such items as new lawn and garden tools or patio furniture for that summer BBQ. Members earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $2 spent at all Home locations, on more than 100,000 quality brand name and private label products. Visit: www.homehardware.ca for more details.
8. Be fashionable! – Aeroplan Members can now earn miles when they shop for fashion, footwear, jewellery and accessories with more than 100 fashion retailers across Canada. Members earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $2 spent. For a full list of fashion retailers, please visit: www.aeroplan.com/fashion.
9. Need new sunglasses? Earn Miles for eye care – Members can earn 1 Aeroplan Mile for every $1 spent on eye exams, contact lenses, frames, lenses, sunglasses and other supplies through VEDI and its more than 350 select independent eye care practitioners across Canada. Some restrictions apply. Visit www.vedi.ca for full details.
Remember, you need to fill up with gas, buy food, and spend on other daily household expenses, why not earn Aeroplan miles as you do?
A reminder to:
- Like Aeroplan on Facebook (www.facebook.com/aeroplan)
- Follow Aeroplan on Twitter – twitter.com/Aeroplan
I’d love to know, are you a member of Aeroplan? Have you redeemed your points for anything exciting lately?