Off To Canyon Ranch With Dove To Nourish My Soul

May 25, 2012 12 Comments TAGS: Beauty, Career, Stress, Wellness

I am sitting at the gate, about to board my flight to Arizona. If you recall earlier this year, I was thrilled to announce my alliance with Dove® as their Ambassador for the “Nourish Your Mind, Body and Soul Campaign.” In honor of this campaign, I am now off to Canyon Ranch Resort in Arizona to do just that… Nourish My Soul.

Canyon Ranch Resort

These next 4 days will be a mix of yoga, meditation, health and wellness activities, workshops, hikes through the canyon, and spa treatments. I can feel my body already start to decompress as I sit here in my seat. These last few weeks have been honestly, overwhelming. I’m tired. If you’re a working mom, you can attest to the speed in which we move.

Take a look at some of these pics. Breathtaking.

Canyon Ranch Resort

In fact, today’s blog was supposed to be my video interview with Arianna Huffington, but life without a curve-ball would be so… boring. When I uploaded our video interview, low and behold, there was a scratchy sound over our voices, so you are able to see us, but you cannot hear us. I have someone working on correcting the audio as we speak, but if it doesn’t work, I’ve lost the interview. There has to be a reason…

On a lighter note, my son had his tooth pulled at the dentist yesterday. We told him last night to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy to leave some money. He said, “Mommy, stop it. I know you’re the tooth fairy!” I looked at my husband, and I said, “No, I’m not!” And then, I whispered to my husband, “We need to Google this!” And then somehow, I felt it was time. I felt at 8 years old, he had a right to know the truth. And I just couldn’t lie, especially when confronted. So, my hubby and I looked at each other, he gave me the non-verbal green light, and I said, “Yes buddy. You’re right. Mommy is the tooth fairy.” Well, he was so excited! Jumping up and down, “I knew it! I knew it! I felt your hand slide money under my pillow the last time I lost my last tooth!”

Alright. The cat’s outta the bag. There is no tooth fairy. And my 5 year old just called me hysterically crying two minutes ago. I thought it was because he missed me, but no.

The crying little voice on the other end was almost inaudible, “It’s not fair, mommy! How come I never get any money!?”

Hold me. 😉

Cheers to a Happy Memorial Day Weekend to my friends south of the border. I wish you rest, relaxation, quiet, and good times shared with friends and family.

I’d also love to know, when did YOU tell your kids there was no tooth fairy? When is the right time? How did I do? I was on the fence about confessing.  I felt like a dream crusher, to be honest.

Time is flying by too quickly. We blink, and they grow up. It’s surreal.

* Disclosure: I am Dove Ambassador receiving a trip to Canyon Ranch on behalf of Dove.

1. leaf blower says:

I blog quite often and I really appreciate your information. Your article has really
      peaked my interest. I will take a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about once a week.
      I subscribed to your Feed as well.

2. Adela says:

Estoy agradecido de haber visto con esta maravillosa página y poder disponer de
      tanta información.

3. After selecting this theme by click on Appearances, it will prompt
      you for a custom header. Optimizing your website or your Word – Press
      blog is a massive topic, and it is going to take some time and some planning to get through all of the key areas that
      pertain to creating a Google-friendly, efficient,
      SEO ready Word – Press blog. However, your page rank will be down due to the sefl pings effect.

4. Undeniably consider that which you said. Your favorite
      reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest
      thing to bear in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked whilst other
      folks consider concerns that they plainly don’t understand about.
      You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the
      entire thing without having side effect , other folks can take
      a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks

5. Awesome post! I have spent longer than I can probably remember surfing
      SEO blogs seeking SEO solid info that can to aaid my boog rank.
      It looks like jut as soon all of us get a knowledge of what we want to do the targets are shifted!

So not by far the most exciting comment ever, but I wanted
      to say appreciate youu taking the time too consider and talk
      about SEO topics. Without people all the time trying too puzzle out what the hell swarch engines like are doing!

Carry on with the great work!

6. Elbert says:

What’s up, I read your blogs regularly. Your humoristic style is
      awesome, keep up the good work!

7. Brad says:

You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation however I find this
      topic to be really something that I think I would never understand.
      It sort of feels too complex and very broad for me.
      I’m taking a look ahead for your subsequent put up, I will try to get the
      hang of it!

8. My spouse and I stumbled over here different website and thought I may as well check things out.
      I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to checking out your web page yet again.

9. L says:

At 32 my parents still swear that they are not, the tooth fairy & mr. and mrs. clause, it’s kind of endearing!

10. tracy says:

Relax and enjoy yourself. You deserve it!

11. Joanne says:

I think you did great Mom. He is eight and he did say he knows its you. I agree that honesty is the best policy. Enjoy your weekend. I hear Canyon Ranch is spectacular.