Women On The Fence New Logo

May 24, 2011 40 Comments TAGS: Career

We are redoing the WOTF logo. The current one just does not fit with the site anymore, and I recognize that. You have given me your incredible input on our first run of logo options on Facebook and Twitter, and I have listened to all your suggestions.

Below are our final picks. And as I do with every blog post, I ask you, my loyal readers for your opinions and suggestions. You know our readers… they are modern women, smart and savvy moms, often on the fence in different areas of womanhood. Our readers are bright, dynamic, thinkers, doers, and reflective. There are two women represented here– the thinker making life decisions about getting off the fence, and the more confident woman (someone who has already gotten off then fence).

We feel these represent the brand, while staying true to the original vision. Would you kindly put a number below that represents your favorite choice. We are deciding fence or no fence. High fence or low fence. Which color scheme. Which woman. Sitting on top of the fence or on the letters. Please feel free to mark your choice with your favorite color scheme as well. You can click on the image to enlarge the view.

I’m veering towards 1 or 8. I need your help. This logo is representative of you the reader.

Thank you ladies! As always, I greatly appreciate all your support. I love this community.

1. logodesignNo Gravatar says:

Thank, try our website http://www.logogenie.net to design cheap and profesionnal logo !

2. MelanieNo Gravatar says:

Erica,

I love #3 for WOF, looks powerful and fun.
      and for Erica Diamond Inspiring Success, I would choose 1 or 4, haha I couldn’t choose just one.
      XOXO

3. Linda Sparrow MeunierNo Gravatar says:

I like logo #1. It’s clean & crisp.

4. […] today, I’d really love your help. You ladies were the ones who chose the WomenOnTheFence new logo, and it will be you who will choose the top banner picture for my new site,¬†www.Erica-Diamond.com. […]

5. I like # 4 it’s a bit more playful, a bit more out of the box than the others and yes I also think she should be sitting on the fence.
      blessings
      Marita

6. Entrepreneurial…

[…]Women On The Fence New Logo | WomenOnTheFence.com[…]…

7. OlgaNo Gravatar says:

Hi Erica,

I love #3. Very you!

8. JacquelineNo Gravatar says:

My two cents – you definitely need a fence in the logo AND she should be sitting on it (or else she’s not “on” the fence) – so my choices are either #2 or #4.

9. DianeNo Gravatar says:

Hi Erica!

I like #4 the best because the fence is there but it is subtle so the confident women is more of the focus. Overall it sends the message of a woman in transition – but more of the positive side like she has already made the decision and take action to make her life better. We love your site and wish you continued success!

10. HeatherNo Gravatar says:

Choosing a logo is such a hard choice (I’m in the process of a logo re-branding for a work project). Especially harder when you have such a large group of stakeholders.
      That being said, my favorite is #4. The front forward female reasonates with me (and what I think your site mission is…) the side facing female feels depressed and sad. It reminds me of an image I’ve seen befoer on a good samaritan billboard! Good luck!

11. #4 – I like her on the fence and the other lady seems sad / depressed to me…

12. Erica DiamondNo Gravatar says:

This new silhouette is an improvement from the original one, who was looking down and a little sad and very hunched over if you remember. We will play with her figure and then decide which is best. Please keep that feedback coming!

13. Peggy says:

I think they’re all good choices. You know best.

14. why do people think she looks naked, BTW. Silhouette would be the same with clothes on.

15. #3, sitting on the letters, or #4 sititing on the fence. Not the “thinker”

16. allisonNo Gravatar says:

I’m for #2 or #8. I love the take on Rodin’s Thinker, and I think the fence image rounds it out nicely. I like the old one, too, but like Madonna, I believe it good to change one’s look often.

17. Susan says:

I think #4 as the women is facing forward and not bent over reflecting as in most of the other logos.

18. I think #8 works best – it’s well balanced yet still gives a sense of a woman in the midst of indecision. Perfect for your brand! And while the woman is not literally on the fence, she’s literally on the WORD fence, which I think helps it work and makes an overall impression that’s more pleasing to the eye.

I know you’re fairly far along here in your logo design efforts, but I thought I’d share an article I wrote recently for newbie logo designers… not that you’re planning to DIY, it just gives you insight into the design process and could help you make your decision:

Best,