The Bucket List
I must be subconsciously thinking about my mortality this week, because Wednesday’s Blog was about aging, and now I’ve created my Bucket List. I watched the movie “The Bucket List” last night, and cried for two straight hours. What a fabulous movie. But my bucket list, (everything I want to do before I “kick the bucket”) is really a Hodge Podge of the realistic, the possible and the improbable. I wanted to share mine and encourage you to make your own. Maybe it will get you off the fence about something you’ve been sitting on for way too long. Call it a bucket list, but really, all it is, is the 25 Things I want to do before I die. And I ain’t on the fence about any of ‘em.
Here they are, in no particular order (ok maybe Oprah and Ellen are at the top for a reason)…
- Sit On Oprah’s couch with the Big O. (I would either cry, or die of a heart attack).
- Dance with Oprah in one of her live shows where she has like, Stevie Wonder on the Show and we can dance together to Do I Do. “Yes I got some candy kisses, for your lips…”
- Sit on Ellen’s chair
- Dance with Ellen – To Lady Gaga, Bad Romance or maybe Parliament’s Flashlight
- Organize a private Stevie Wonder concert and invite all my friends and family. I saw him 3 times in one year, and even went to Boston for the night to sit front row at Stevie’s concert. I LOVE his music.
- Sail around the world, except that I get sea sick, so I don’t know. Something around the world. I love to travel.
- Lay in bed for 24 hours and have lots of sex, just like my hubby and I did when we were dating and backpacking through Europe at 20.
- Which leads me to finding the courage to either tie my tubes or get an IUD. I know this is a strange thing on a bucket list, but it’s true.
- Go back to the Ryder Cup with my hubby. We went to England to see the Ryder Cup in 2001, but would love to go back. We both love to golf.
- Fly in a hot air balloon, even though I hate flying, and heights.
- Have a threesome. Just kidding. I have no interest but my husband sure does!
- Swim with the sharks. Not in a Luca Brasi kind of way. Really, be one with the sharks and be totally at peace with it. Really it’s about facing my biggest fears, and having no fear at all.
- Spend my summers in the South of France, splashing on the beach with the kids, eating fattening food and sipping great wines. Then hot sex at night of course.
- Go back to Israel. I haven’t been since I’m 15. That’s 20 years!
- Get a hole in one on the golf course. If I do, I’ll give up the sport that I’ve been struggling to master since I’m 18.
- Learn more patience. I need to go find me some.
- Host my own talk show with a panel of women, and chit chat with some of the brightest and most interesting women of today. Madonna would be my first invited guest. Would love Hillary Clinton too. I have always wondered a lot about Hillary. Don’t know why.
- Have Wolfgang Puck over to my home, and have him cook up a delicious meal for my friends and family. Great food, great music in the background, great company, and just a jolly ol’ good time.
- Have my new book make it on the New York Times Best-seller’s list. Geez Louise!
- Have Oprah and Ellen as Guest Bloggers on my Blog. I would like Oprah to write about how amidst all her success, she never married nor had kids and does she have any regrets about anything. And for Ellen, have her Guest Blog about finally getting off the fence, announcing she was gay, and going from rising star, to fallen to star, to rising star again.
- Go to the season finale of American Idol.
- Go to Kenya on an African Safari with the kids.
- Take a homemaking or cooking course with Martha Stewart. I’m very undomesticated.
- Live to have my grandchildren sleep over on Friday nights.
- Live till I’m 92 and then die in my sleep, blessed without too much illness or hardship for those I love.
That’s it folks!
What’s on your bucket list? I’d love to know!! Please read Brooke Burke, Co-Host of Dancing With The Stars‘ Bucket List right here! Guess who inspired her to write her own… yes… MOI!
Have a happy weekend, and see you all next week!